Make an entry
Specialty Dog Shows
Official AKC Entry Form
Please read the following carefully. You will be asked to signify acceptance of these terms for each specialty entry you make. If you are entering a dog for multiple events hosted by the same club on the same weekend, you may use one form and specify the club’s name and the date range of the events.
I CERTIFY that I am the actual owner of the dog, or that I am the duly authorized agent of the actual owner whose name appears on the dog entered. I CERTIFY and represent that the dog entered is not a hazard to persons or other dogs. I AGREE to abide by the rules and regulations appearing in the premium list for the show I am entering. I UNDERSTAND that Specialty Dog Shows and its agents are not responsible in any manner for any liability for direct, consequential, special or punitive damages or losses which I may experience as a result of using this entry service.
AKC Rules, Regulations, Policies and Guidelines are available on the American Kennel Club website at http://www.akc.org.
I (we) agree that the club holding this event has the right to refuse this entry for cause which the club shall deem sufficient. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry and of the holding of this event and of the opportunity to have the dog judged and to win prizes, ribbons or trophies, I (we) agree to hold the AKC, the event-giving club, their members, directors, governors, officers, agents, superintendents or event secretary and the owner and/or lessor of the premises and any provider of services that are necessary to hold this event and any employees or volunteers of the aforementioned parties, and any AKC approved judge judging at this event, harmless from any claim for loss or injury which may be alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly to any person or thing by the act of this dog while in or about the event premises or grounds or near any entrance thereto, and I (we) personally assume all responsibility and liability for any such claim; and I (we) further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss, injury or damage to this dog.
Additionally, I (we) hereby assume the sole responsibility for and agree to indemnify, defend and save the aforementioned parties harmless from any and all loss and expense (including legal fees) by reason of the liability imposed by law upon any of the aforementioned parties for damage because of bodily injuries, including death at any time resulting therefrom, sustained by any person or persons, including myself (ourselves), or on account of damage to property, arising out of or in consequence of my (our) participation in this event, however such injuries, death or property damage may be caused, and whether or not the same may have been caused or may be alleged to have been caused by the negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents, or any other persons.
[Note: Some clubs do not agree to arbitrate claims as set forth in the following one paragraph. If this is of concern to you, please consult the premium list for the particular show you are entering to see if there is such an exclusion.] “I (WE) AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE ENTRY, EXHIBITION OR ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT BETWEEN THE AKC AND THE EVENT-GIVING CLUB (UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN ITS PREMIUM LIST) AND MYSELF (OURSELVES) OR AS TO THE CONSTRUCTION, INTERPRETATION AND EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SETTLED BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. HOWEVER, PRIOR TO ARBITRATION ALL APPLICABLE AKC BYLAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES MUST FIRST BE FOLLOWED AS SET FORTH IN THE AKC CHARTER AND BYLAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS, PUBLISHED POLICIES AND GUIDELINES.”
1. (Variety) If you are entering a dog of a breed in which there are varieties for show purposes, please designate the particular variety you are entering. i. e. Cocker Spaniel (solid color black, ASCOB, parti-color). Beagles (not exceeding 13 in.; over 13 in. but not exceeding15 in.), Dachshunds (longhaired, smooth, wirehaired). Collies (rough, smooth), Bull Terriers (colored, white), Manchester Terriers (standard, toy, Chihuahuas (smooth coat, long coat), English Toy Spaniels (King Charles & Ruby, Blenheim & Prince Charles), Poodles (toy, miniature, standard).
2. The following categories of dogs may be entered and shown in Best of Breed competition. Dogs that are Champions of Record and dogs which, according to their owner’s records, have completed the requirements for a championship, but whose championships are unconfirmed. The showing of unconfirmed Champions in Best of Breed competition is limited to a period of 90 days from the date of the show where the dog completed the requirements for a championship.
3. (Event Class) Consult the classification in this premium list. If the event class in which you are entering your dog is divided, then, in addition to designating the class, specify the particular division of the class in which you are entering your dog i.e., age division, color division, weight division.
4. A dog must be entered in the name of the person who actually owned it at the time entries for an event closed. If a registered dog has been acquired by a new owner it must be entered in the name of its new owner in any event for which entries closed after the date of acquirement, regardless of whether the new owner has received the registration certificate indicating that the dog is recorded in his name. State on entry form whether transfer application has been mailed to AKC (For complete rule refer to Chapter 11, Section 3).
5. Mixed Breed dogs entering classes for Agility, Obedience, and Rally trials (where offered by the show-giving club) should mark the field for Breed as ‘All-American Dog/Mixed Breed’. Sire and Dam information shall remain blank for mixed breed entrants.
AT THE END OF THE ENTRY PROCESS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PAY
FOR YOUR ENTRY DIRECTLY ON THIS SITE USING MASTER CARD,
VISA, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, OR PAY PAL.
If you wish to submit an entry by postal mail, you can use any Official AKC form and send
with your personal check drawn on a U. S. bank, payable to Specialty Dog Shows.
Mail to: Specialty Dog Shows LLC, 4891 Ballantrae Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301.
|Click here to use our On-Line Data Base Entry Form.
Print and mail your entry.
Adobe PDF forms work well with Internet Explorer but has issues with Chrome and Edge browsers. If you have an issue filling out the form online, please Download the form to your computer desktop, then open with any Acrobat PDF Reader.
FREE Adobe PDF readers were removed or disabled from many computers when upgrading to Windows 10 and some of the new browsers, so Click for FREE Acrobat PDF Reader if you need a new free copy.